Last updated May 2018
Your trust is important to us.
We want to make sure you understand what personal information we may collect about you when you interact with ViiV Healthcare and its group of companies (“ViiV,” “we,” “us” and “our”), how we use your personal information, and how we keep it safe.
This Privacy Notice explains:
- what personal information we collect about you;
- how do we use your personal information?
- on what basis we use your personal information;
- how long we keep your personal information;
- we may share your personal information with others and transfer it internationally;
- how we protect your personal information;
- your rights regarding your personal information;
- what to do if you don’t want to provide us with your personal information; and
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. We encourage you to review this Privacy Notice periodically.
If you have any questions, please get in touch via one of the methods set out in the Contact us section below.
The personal information we collect when you interact with us via this website includes:
Informationyou provide us with, such as
- your name and contact information;
- email communications sent to ViiV;
- a registration form when you register for a webcast event; and
- your responses to any surveys that you may choose to participate in.
- activity data, such as when you completed a form on this website;
- information from your visits to this website, including the type of browser and operating system you use, access times, pages viewed, URLs clicked on, your IP address and the pages you visited before and after navigating to this website;
- social media tracking pixels that allow platforms such as Facebook and Twitter to interact with this website and give feedback on your actions; and
- device information, including the unique device identifier, hardware model, operating system and version and mobile network information.
We may use your personal information to:
- Provide you with information and services
- our press releases;
- job postings;
- financial results; and
- tips and helpful information and marketing communications about our products and services. We will always obtain consent for marketing where required by law.
- Contact and interact with you, including to:
- respond to your requests (for instance in case you applied for employment); and
- provide important notices and updates, such as changes to our terms and policies, security alerts and administrative messages.
- Operate our business, including to:
- respond to reports you make of a possible side effect associated with one of our products and to monitor the safety of our products.
- comply with applicable laws, regulations and guidance;
- comply with demands or requests made by regulators, governments, courts and law enforcement authorities; and
- investigate and take action against
illegalor harmful behaviour of users.
- Improve our day-to-day operations, including:
- for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis and research to help us deliver and improve our ViiV digital platforms, content and services;
- to monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities in connection with our products and services to understand which parts of our digital platforms and services are of the most interest and to improve the design and content of our platforms;
- to improve our products and services and our communications to you; and
- (where applicable) to ensure we have up-to-date contact information for you.
Data privacy law sets out a number of different reasons on which a company may rely to collect and use your personal information.
We use your personal information for the following reasons:
- For legitimate business purposes: We use your personal information to make our communications with you more relevant and personalised to you, and to make your experience of our products and services efficient and effective. It also helps us to operate and improve our business and minimise any disruption to the services that we may offer to you.
- To perform a contract to which you are a party: we may need to process your personal information to provide a product or service you request.
- To comply with our legal obligations and other demands for information: It is important to us that we are able to comply with laws, regulations and guidance, as well as the other requests or demands for data as set out here. They affect the way in which we run our business and help us to make our products and services as safe as we can.
- You have given your consent: At times we may need to get your consent to allow us to use your personal information for one or more of the purposes set out above. See the “Your rights regarding your personal information” section for information about the rights that you have if we process your information on the basis of your consent.
We will always keep your personal information for the period required by law and where we need to do so in connection with
- for as long as needed to provide you with access to services you have requested;
- where you have contacted us with a question or request, for as long as necessary to allow us to respond your question or request.
We may share your personal information with:
- members of the GlaxoSmithKline group of companies (which includes ViiV Healthcare); and
- the following trusted third parties:
- our agents and suppliers, including those who provide us with technology services such as data analytics, hosting and technical support;
- our professional advisors, auditors and business partners;
- regulators, governments and law enforcement authorities; and
- other third parties in connection with re-organising all or any part of our business.
Your personal information may be processed by ViiV, its affiliated companies and ViiV’s trusted
We will implement appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information remains protected and secure when it is transferred outside of your home country, in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. These measures include data transfer agreements implementing standard data protection clauses, or Binding Corporate Rules. You can find more information about data transfer agreements here.
We use a variety of security measures and technologies to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction in line with applicable data protection and privacy laws. For example, when we share your personal information with external suppliers, we may put in place a written agreement which commits the suppliers to keep your information
The transmission to us of information via the internet or a mobile phone network connection may not be completely secure and any transmission is at your own risk.
Websites that we do not own or control
From time to time we may provide links to websites or mobile applications that are not owned or controlled by us. This Privacy Notice does not apply to those websites. If you choose to use those websites, please check the legal and privacy statements posted on each website or mobile application you access to understand their privacy practices.
Data privacy laws provide you with a number of rights over your personal information.
You may be entitled to:
- ask ViiV for access to the personal information ViiV holds about you;
- request the correction and/or deletion of your personal information;
- request the restriction of the processing of your personal information, or object to that processing;
- withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information (where ViiV is processing your personal information based on your consent);
- request for the receipt or the transfer to another organisation, in a machine-readable form, of the personal information that you have provided to ViiV; and
- complain to your local data protection authority if your privacy rights are violated, or if you have suffered as a result of unlawful processing of your personal information.
If you would like to exercise your rights, please let us know by getting in touch with us as set out in the Contact us section below.
Where you are given the option to share your personal information with us, you can always choose not to do so.
If you object to the processing of your personal information, or if you have provided your consent to
This website uses
ViiV Contact Information
If you have questions or requests about the processing of your personal
ViiV Healthcare UK Limited, 980 Great West Road, Brentford, Middlesex, TW8 9GS is the controller of your personal information. You can contact our data protection officer at UK.Ireland-CPA@gsk.com
NP-GBL-HVU-WCNT-200048 June 2020